Monday, February 19, 2007

Crocheted Childproof Doorknob Cozy

I know that there was a pattern for one of these online once upon a time, but now that I needed it... it was no where to be found. So, being a resourceful gal, I made sh!t up!
Childproof Doorknob Cozy Pattern Copyright 2007 Moonieance: Please don't sell the pattern. Please ask and stuff if you want to post it somewhere, and tell the folks there where you got it. That's just common courtesy!

This was an I hook and some sugar n' cream worsted cotton I had laying around. Doesn't use much yarn!
Also...I crochet pretty tightly. if you work loose, best decrease the hook!

rnd 1: ch 4, 9dc in 4th ch from hook, join
rnd 2: ch 3, 2 dc in each dc around, join
rnd 3: ch 4, 1 dc in same sp as join (1st v-st made), *ch 1, sk 1 st, v-st* around, join to 3rd chain of beg ch 4
rnd 4: dc in ea ch-1 sp around(including the v-st chains)
rnd 5: dc in each dc around, break off
Chain, I dunno, enough to weave between the dc's in rnd 5 and have some to tie...maybe 6-7 inches. Fit cozy over knob, tie.
Big hands can grip the knob or use the v-st holes to turn it, little hands just make it spin and spin and spin and spin.....
Thoroughly tested on 2 year old nephew AND 63 year old arthritic father. Father can open door just fine, nephew can't. I give me a A+!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's great! i'm going to give it a try :) thanks for the pattern!

lasandri
www.sandrisuperstar.com